Compensation: Starting pay $13.50/hour
Employment type: Part-time, direct care staff
Available Shifts: Day, swing and night
Their direct care staff is responsible for supporting the daily living activities of adults with mental disabilities who are stable, ambulatory, and ready to engage in life.
Duties and responsibilities
- Meal preparation and light house keeping
- Administer medications
- Assist with resident's goals and recreational activities
- Assist resident's health and hygiene
- Monitor behavior and report concerns to management (such as a change in status)
- Accurately document behavior and completing forms
- Maintain clean and safe home environment
- Enforce house rules and manage conflict
- Attend all required trainings
- Compassionate; Positive supportive and attitude, respectful behavior
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Works well with other staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills in English: both oral and written
- Minimum age 20, retirees welcome!
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing to work with individuals with who may exhibit intense and challenging behaviors
- Willing to get CPR and First Aid certification
- College grad with Psychology background
- Senior, mentally ill or developmentally disabled adult caregiving experience
- Possess current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Clean DMV record
- Current CA driver’s license
- Pass criminal background check (DOJ & FBI) and TB screening
- We are looking for compassionate people for weekend, weekday and overnight shifts.
- We provide paid training.
- Currently day shifts are from 8am to 4:30pm, swing shift is 4pm to 12:30am and night shift is from midnight to 8:30am. Our program runs 24/7.